In 1924, the Women’s Institute decided that they would try to secure land for the park. However, they were told that they could not own property so they persuaded the Town to purchase the land for a park. They needed support from two thirds of the ratepayers in the village and were met with opposition. Finally, enough names were secured and the petition was taken to East Gwillimbury Council - where it was passed on July 15th, 1924. This allowed the Town Fathers to buy the land which is now the Mount Albert Community Park.
Volunteer labour helped to get the grounds in shape for the first Sports Day which was held on June 3, 1925. Crowds came for the procession of parade floats lead by the Mount Albert Band. There were ball games, horseshoe pitching, races and other sports. In the evening, a Minstrel show of local talent took place at the Old Mill.
The community hall was built in 1937 with funds provided by the Estate of Margaret Graham. The East Gwillimbury Council, on a recommendation from the Mount Albert Town Fathers, officially named the hall 'The GRAHAM MEMORIAL HALL', in memory of Margaret Graham and her contribution. The dedication service was conducted by Reverend R.V. Wilson, and the official opening took place on February 3, 1938.